This last Sunday, the preacher at church referenced Donald S. Whitney’s book Ten Questions To Diagnose Your Spiritual Health (Colorado Springs, CO: Navpress, 2001). The questions were quite challenging to me and I’ve picked up the book for my next spiritual read. The questions Whitney asks are as follows:
- Do you thirst for God?
- Are you increasingly governed by God's Word?
- Are you more loving?
- Are you more sensitive to God's presence?
- Do you have a growing concern for the spiritual and temporal needs of others?
- Do you delight in the Bride of Christ?
- Are the spiritual disciplines increasingly important to you?
- Do you still grieve over sin?
- Are you a quicker forgiver?
- Do you yearn to be in Heaven and to be with Jesus?
Some of the questions I could easily answer with “yes”, but others I really had to think about and I had to even say “no” to some. It looks like these are a good place to start in deepening in my walk with the Lord. What about you? Which of these questions can you honestly answer with “yes” and which must be answered “no”?